Farm Fresh Rhode Island seeks an outgoing and energetic Communications and Development AmeriCorps VISTA member with strong communication and organization skills to build capacity of Farm Fresh RI’s fundraising and volunteer systems. An integral part of Farm Fresh RI’s team, this new position will support local agriculture and food access initiatives by communicating program impacts to new audiences and organizing systems to track and evaluate fundraising efforts and volunteer impact. This position offers a unique opportunity to work across programs and create deep, lasting connections with community partners and donors. This position requires a one-year commitment to begin mid-late August, 2020. Application deadline is August 3, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Research national best practices in fundraising and communications strategy.
- Coordinate and create external communications for volunteers and donors.
- Under supervision of the Development Team and Communications Director, help plan and execute Farm Fresh RI fundraising and outreach events.
- Develop systems to better connect Farm Fresh RI board members and staff about fundraising and outreach efforts.
- Act as a representative of Farm Fresh RI at community and partner events.
- Collect and organize program impact data into content for donor reporting and outreach campaigns.
- Review and revise existing Farm Fresh RI development strategies for donors and volunteers.
- Evaluate fundraising and engagement strategies, and assist with facilitation if applicable.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to support outreach and engagement efforts.
- Support volunteer and donor appreciation and retention efforts.
- Enhance Farm Fresh RI volunteer onboarding practices to foster volunteer engagement.
- Commitment to Farm Fresh RI mission and organizational values
- Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Great attention to detail
- Self starter and ability to maintain a self-motivating attitude
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to think, react, iterate, and redirect in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a vibrant work environment as well as remotely
- Spanish or other language skills are a plus
- Willingness to work hands-on in various environments
- Able to bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds
About Farm Fresh Rhode Island
Farm Fresh Rhode Island has grown briskly since achieving 501c3 status in 2007, to capture the public interest in locally grown food and translate it into sales for farmers and producers of the Northeast region. Strongly mission-driven, Farm Fresh RI hosts a variety of programs to enhance the local food system, with particular attention to farm viability and low-income access to fresh food. Farm Fresh RI operates a wide range of marketplace programs (retail, wholesale, processing) that engage and connect tens of thousands of eaters with thousands of farmers.
Mission: Farm Fresh Rhode Island is growing a local food system that values the environment, health, and quality of life of RI farmers and eaters.
Vision: A Northeast abundant with diverse family farms and fertile soils, with locally and honestly produced foods and flavors at the heart of every table.
About AmeriCorps VISTA
AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs, made up of three primary programs that each take a different approach to improving lives and fostering civic engagement. AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members bring passion and perseverance where the need is greatest: to organizations that help eradicate poverty. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve as a catalyst for change, living and working alongside community members to meet our nation’s most pressing challenges and advance local solutions.
AmeriCorps VISTA Benefits
- Bi-weekly living allowance of $479.08
- Student loan deferment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- CNCS health benefit and childcare assistance
- $6,195 Segal Education Award upon completion of service to help pay for college, graduate school, or vocational training, or to repay student loans
This is a full-year position starting August 17 or August 31, 2020. Application deadline is August 3, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis… Applications must be submitted through the AmeriCorps VISTA site, as described below. Farm Fresh Rhode Island cannot accept applications directly.
- Please review the AmeriCorps VISTA information here: americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp.
- Then visit my.americorps.gov/mp/login.do and click Search Listings. For the search, select the “Rhode Island” and “AmeriCorps VISTA” options.
- On that page, scroll until you find this position. Click on it, and click “Apply Now.”
- Submit your application including two references.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Provider.