RI Farm Incubator 501C3 is a not for profit organization founded to aid rural communities through farm, food and nutrition centered economic development. We believe sustainable farm and food enterprises offer the best opportunities for rural economic development- by allowing rural communities to develop robust enterprises.
The current job openings represent an opportunity to engage in contemporary organic practice agriculture and learn about the Rhode Island Farm Incubator’s mission and ethic.
This work includes a set of practices relating to:
- Contemporary organic practice row crop planting, pruning and harvesting.
- Post harvest and packinghouse work.
- Harvest/ Post Harvest work relating to weekly subscription/ CSA fulfillment and customer service.
- Training in greenhouse and horticultural practices such as tending to greenhouse vegetables and flowers and generating transplants.
Requirements: Field work in the sun and rain, appropriate protective clothing for conditions, ability to use long and short handled garden tools. A field setting alongside others and occasionally a tractor.
- Seasonal until November 2021. February until November 2022.
- Possible work schedules include: 6-8 hour shifts, Beginning after lunch until sundown 12:00-20:00, Mornings 07:00- 14:00, Weekend midday 11:00-14:00.
- Compensation: $16/hr-18/hr. $400-600/ week
- Knowledge of greenhouse/ high tunnel growing is a plus.