Barrington Farm School Farm Manager

The Barrington Farm School is a 501©(3) non-profit whose mission is to grow food, inspire learning, build community, and foster connection to the land. We are seeking an experienced farmer and team leader to manage crop production on our historic farm, following regenerative practices. The Farm Manager will work to plan, manage, and optimize farm resources to grow a wide variety of crops on about 0.4 acre. The Farm Manager is responsible for all aspects of crop production. The Farm Manager will oversee both the field crops and the farm’s high tunnel.

Reporting and Collaboration

The Farm Manager reports to the President of the Board of Directors and provides formal reports at board meetings. The Farm Manager collaborates with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure the farm meets its mission to grow food and to engage the community in learning about local food, sustainable farming, and the environment.

Qualifications

• At least two years of experience running an organic vegetable garden production and/or greenhouse
  • Ability to work as a team leader with people of all backgrounds and ages
  • Able to prioritize and manage a full and diverse workload and take initiative in changing situations
  • Commitment to community development and progressive social change
  • Effective communication skills
  • Openness to ideas and inputs while actively leading and planning
  • The ability to travel daily to the farm
  • High school diploma or equivalent (college degree preferred)

Hours and Compensation:

This position is 30-35 hours/week, $25/hour. The term of appointment is March 1 through October 31.

2 Likes

Hello
I am interested in the farm school manager position. I have been farming since 1990, and have a passion for local food and farms. I believe that education and community outreach are vital to keeping and building a strong, sustainable food system. The importance of local farms for food security, community building, and the welfare of the environment cannot be overstated. Attached is my resume. Feel free to contact me anytime to discuss my qualifications in regards to your farm manager position.
Thank you.
Mark Phillips
[email protected]
401-649-0634

[Mark Phillips Resume]
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-9b9FySQvD0RGrFF3nklvp1V3zwXJ3YN/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=107969135775307914370&rtpof=true&sd=true)

Hello Mark:

Just got your message, and glad to hear of your interest. Please send me a copy of your resume or give me access to the Google doc. Would you be available for a short phone call sometime today or tomorrow?

Ron Pitt
Barrington Farm School