Casey Farm is a USDA-Certified Organic historic farm located in Saunderstown, RI. We have 8 acres in fruit and vegetable production for a weekly farmer’s market, local restaurants, and a 150 member CSA.
- Seasonal Farm Hands
- Up to 35 hrs/week from April 1 – Oct 31, 2020 (potential work through December)
- Involved in many aspects of field work from preparing fields and transplanting to weeding and harvesting, as well as preparing produce for CSA pickup and weekly farmer’s market set-up and breakdown. Farm hands may be involved in animal care of chickens, pigs, turkeys, ducks, and rabbits raised for Casey Farm educational programs.
- Hourly wages start at $11.50 paid biweekly, plus a full CSA share.
- CSA Share Pickup Attendant
- 18 hrs/week (Tuesdays and Fridays 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM) from June through October.
- Responsible for washing/displaying produce for CSA pickup, as well as being available during pickup to answer questions, facilitate the pickup process and re-stock as needed, and closing up the farm at the end of pickup.
- Hourly wage is $12.00 paid biweekly.
- CSA Workshare
- Experience with farming or horticulture work is not required.
- Work shares receive a full CSA share of vegetables every week ($700 value) in exchange for committing to work one 4 hour weekly shift throughout the 20 week season (June-Oct)
- Work alongside farm hands in the field performing tasks such as planting, weeding, harvesting, and preparing produce for CSA pickup and weekly farmer’s market.
- Shifts include: Tuesday or Friday mornings (7:00 AM – 11:00 AM) to help with harvest, as well as Saturday work crew (8:00 AM – 12:00 PM) during the Coastal Grower’s Farmer’s Market.
Qualifications for all positions:
- Punctual and reliable.
- Able to take direction and work independently as well as in team setting.
- Able and willing to work full days of physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to and interested in working efficiently and quickly.
If interested, please email email@example.com to schedule an interview.
Historic New England is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to supporting equality of opportunity and respect for diversity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all qualified persons without regard to non-work-related factors such as race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation.