Casey Farm is a USDA-Certified Organic historic farm located in Saunderstown, RI, owned by Historic New England. We have 8 acres in fruit and vegetable production for a weekly farmer’s market, local restaurants, and a 175 member weekly CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program.
We are currently seeking the following employees to join our hard working team:
- CSA Share Pickup Attendant
- Up to 20 hrs. /week (Tuesdays and Fridays ~11:00 AM – 8:00 PM) starting ASAP through October.
- Responsible for washing/displaying produce for CSA pickup, as well as being available during pickup to answer questions, facilitate the pickup process and re-stock as needed, and closing up the farm at the end of pickup.
- Hourly wage is $12.50 paid biweekly.
- This is usually one position but in this unusual year, we would consider splitting it into two depending on candidate’s availability.
- CSA Workshare
- Experience with farming or horticulture work is not required.
- Work shares receive a full CSA share of vegetables every week ($700 value) in exchange for committing to work one scheduled 4 hour weekly shift throughout the 20 week season (June-Oct)
- Work with farm hands in the field performing tasks such as planting, weeding, harvesting, and preparing produce for CSA pickup and weekly farmer’s market.
- Shifts include: Tuesday or Friday mornings (7:00 AM – 11:00 AM) to help with harvest, as well as Saturday field crew (8:00 AM – 12:00 PM) during the Coastal Grower’s Farmer’s Market.
Qualifications for all positions:
- Punctual and reliable.
- Able to take direction and work independently as well as in team setting.
- Able and willing to work full shifts of physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to and interested in working efficiently and quickly.
- Must have an eye for detail, especially when harvesting.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview.
Historic New England is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to supporting equality of opportunity and respect for diversity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all qualified persons without regard to non-work-related factors such as race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation.