Casey Farm is a USDA-Certified Organic historic farm located in Saunderstown, RI, owned by Historic New England. We have 8 acres in fruit and vegetable production for a weekly farmer’s market, local restaurants, and a 180 member weekly CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program.
We are currently seeking the following employees to join our hard working team and to reap the rewards of working outdoors for the remainder of our Summer CSA season:
- CSA Workshare
- Experience with farming or horticulture work is not required.
- Work shares receive a full CSA share of vegetables every week ($600 value) in exchange for committing to work one scheduled 4 hour weekly shift through the end of the Summer season (now-Oct)
- Work with farm hands in the field performing tasks such as planting, weeding, harvesting, and preparing produce for CSA pickup and weekly farmer’s market.
- Available shifts: Tuesday or Friday mornings (7:00 AM – 11:00 AM) to help with harvest, as well as Saturday field crew (8:00 AM – 12:00 PM).
Qualifications for all positions:
- Punctual and reliable.
- Able to take direction and work independently as well as in team setting.
- Able and willing to work full shifts of physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to and interested in working efficiently and quickly.
- Must have an eye for detail, especially when harvesting.
- Each position may include walking, standing, bending, kneeling, crawling, lifting (alone and in pairs), digging, etc. and using equipment such as knives, mallets, hoes, trowels, hand rakes, etc. (provided by the farm).
If interested, please email [email protected] to schedule a working interview.
Historic New England is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to supporting equality of opportunity and respect for diversity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all qualified persons without regard to non-work-related factors such as race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation.