Coastal Foodshed is seeking an immediate, full-time Market Manager. The Market Manager
reports directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for managing the
operations of the farmers markets and virtual market. This position works alongside the
Retail Manager and oversees the market vendors, delivery drivers, and co-manages the
operation assistants. Applicants must be able to prioritize and handle a variety of
assignments simultaneously in a vibrant work environment and be willing to work with
the public in a socially distant setting.
They will also work closely on a small team made up of two program managers, full-time
and part-time program staff, plus volunteers and interns. An ideal candidate will be
energetic, outgoing, organized, and passionate about community connections, local
agriculture, and food access.
• Recruit, maintain and strengthen relationships with vendors across all markets
• Assist vendors with necessary paperwork to attend markets (insurance, fees,
application, health dept.) while maintaining and organizing documents
• Ensure vendors are adhering to the Vendor Handbook, Health Dept. regulations,
and enforcing these policies and procedures when necessary
• Collaborate with city departments for market events and necessary equipment,
street closures, parks board approvals, etc.
• Supervise Operation Assistants and Delivery Drivers as well as
volunteers/interns; providing training when necessary
• Coordinate and oversee special market events- cooking demos, music, etc.
• Coordinate the aggregation and delivery/pick-up for CFS Virtual Market including
SNAP delivery services
• Manage the vendor reimbursement systems and collect sales data from vendors
• Coordinate and implement marketing using social media, e-newsletters, and print
• Develop strategies to ensure sales and profitability while achieving excellent
customer service and advancing Coastal Foodshed’s mission
• Assist with the farmers market and virtual market strategic plan and ensure goals
and objectives of the plan are being met
• Attend Coastal Foodshed team meetings, staff trainings, and conferences
• Assist with CFS fundraising, sponsorships, donors, etc.
• Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data about markets
• Conduct outreach with community partners to promote the markets and incentive
Skills & Experience Required:
• 2+ years of experience managing farmers markets or an equivalent experience
• Experience driving a truck/trailer; or willingness to train and learn skill
• Experience in food service with SERV Safe and allergen certifications a plus
• Be outgoing and able to connect with people from varied cultural, economic,
educational, racial, and religious backgrounds
• Be able to work effectively on a team and co-manage staff
• Have excellent verbal communication and customer service skills, with an ability to
enforce market rules and regulations
• Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Be able to bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds
• Have a valid driver’s license with no recent moving violations
• Experience with Microsoft Office/Excel, Google Docs, POS systems
• Experience marketing with social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position with a salary range of $41,600-$45,000.
Occasional weekend work is required. Compensation determined by experience. Benefits
include retirement after 1 year, paid vacation, sick/family leave, phone reimbursement,
professional development, option to work remote on some days, and discounted local food.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter explaining why you would like to work in this
position at CFS to [email protected] with subject line:“Market Manager
Position.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Coastal Foodshed is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.