This position is full-time starting July 2020, guaranteed through December 2020, with possibility of continuation based on performance and available funding. Pay rate starting at $15/ hour.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is seeking a committed and reliable team-player to join our team as a Customer Service Associate working for our Food System Enterprise programs, with a focus on on Market Mobile, a wholesale distribution platform where local farms sell their products to a variety of customers through one order form, delivery service, and invoice. In light of the COVID-19 epidemic, Market Mobile has pivoted to offer home deliveries, providing much needed food to individual households, while continuing to provide a market for farmers and food producers to sell their products. This has led to tremendous growth in overall sales, number of customers, and types of communications required to engage our customer and producer base.
The Customer Service Associate will work under the supervision of our Food System Enterprise Managers, including our Data and Systems Manager and Sales Manager. The Customer Service Associate will be a part of critical communication to both customers and producers for Market Mobile and responsible for handling various customer support tasks via phone and email. The Associate will have keen attention to detail, experience in a customer service forward position, show patience and kindness when interacting with customers and staff, and a passion for finding resolutions as it relates to customer orders.
This position works closely with the Co-Executive Director for Food System Enterprise and the Market Mobile team.
- Resource Management: Resources are utilized and preserved in a manner that allows the program to function and thrive.
- Planning: Systems are organized and efficient. Advanced planning ensures all tasks are completed on time.
- Project & Time Management: Teams and individuals accomplish near-term objectives and are strategic in making progress toward long-term goals.
- Diversity, Inclusion & Respect: All staff and volunteers are committed to equality in the workplace, demonstrate respect for each other and those we serve, and work to create a more equitable food system.
- Food Safety: Certifications are maintained and standard operating procedures are followed in order to handle all food properly.
- Health & Safety: Staff, volunteers, and visitors are safe in the Packhouse and on the road. Staff and volunteers feel safe and supported in the workplace.
- Food Systems Knowledge: All workers are able to speak about local, sustainable, and equitable food system development, and understand how Farm Fresh programs address different aspects of these topics.
- Service Orientation: Staff and volunteers are helpful and respectful in all interactions with each other and constituents of all Farm Fresh programs.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
- High school diploma preferred
- Customer service and or food service industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of best practices in customer service relations.
- Quick learner
- Team player
- Please send your resume and cover letter to Nikki Ayres at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Market Mobile Customer Service Associate.”
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis — with interviews starting July 6, 2020.
- No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming. Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Provider.*