Job Description Position: Delivery Driver
Coastal Foodshed (CFS) is a non-profit local food hub based in New Bedford, MA. Our mission is
to strengthen the local food economy by making it easier for growers to sell, and consumers to
buy healthy, affordable, local foods, with a focus on making locally grown and made foods more
equitably accessible to marginalized and/or food insecure households in New Bedford. We
operate year-round in-person and online markets that are accessible not only to New Bedford
residents, but also the Southcoast. CFS manages farmers markets and mobile farm stands in
addition to an online farmers market with delivery services.
All our markets accept SNAP and the Healthy Incentive Program (HIP), in addition to other
nutrition incentive programs. We work hard to make local food accessible for everyone
regardless of income, and create markets where farmers can sell either directly, or through
wholesale channels. We simply want to make local food easier to buy and believe everyone
should have equal access to it!
We are seeking team members to join our virtual market operations to conduct deliveries
through the Southcoast. Deliveries are made on Wednesdays and Fridays typically between 12-
6pm. Delivery Drivers are responsible for accurately and safely packing their vehicle, fulfilling
orders during their route, and successfully completing local, home deliveries for aggregated
consumer orders of local food. Drivers must be able to use their personal vehicle for mileage
reimbursement and utilize the delivery software on their personal smart phone.
• Follow best practices for safety, both on the road and while loading or unloading
• Conduct pre-delivery check for all vendor items/orders
• Navigate using delivery software on smart phone, in accordance with local laws
regarding phone use while driving
• Communicate with customers, dispatchers, and other team members in a professional
• Complete deliveries on designated route and within time window
• Follow specific delivery instructions, and strive to delight customers at every
• Aggregate and pack orders according to company standards
• Accurately and carefully pack, load and unload orders from delivery vehicle
• Use delivery software to communicate with customers, log photos of deliveries, and
notify dispatch of any issue or pertinent details regarding drops
• Remain organized and pay close attention to detail
• Ensure all items and bags are delivered accurately and with care
• Maintain a clean and professional delivery vehicle
• Must have valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Past delivery/driving experience is a plus
• High level of activity in a delivery day; must be comfortable staying active for an entire
• Be able to bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds
• Meticulous attention to detail, and well organized
• Works well in teams
• High energy, positive attitude
• Read, write, and communicate well
• Good decision-making skills and unafraid to reach out for assistance when in doubt
• Interest/passion for local food a plus!
• Commercial Driver License (CDL) not required
This is year-round, non-exempt, hourly position (5-10 hrs/week with potential for more hours; Wednesdays and Fridays) and compensation is dependent upon experience $15-$17/hr, plus reimbursement of mileage for deliveries. Employees also have access to discounted local products. Tips allowable.
How to Apply: Please send resumes to [email protected] with subject line:
"Delivery Driver Position” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
until the position is filled.
Coastal Foodshed vales a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages
women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities,
foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against
because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status,
medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.