Farm Fresh Rhode Island seeks an outgoing and energetic Development and Communications VISTA with a collaborative attitude and excellent communication skills to build capacity for Farm Fresh RI’s communications and development team. Farm Fresh RI is a 501c3 nonprofit begun with the mission of connecting local food and local people. Our programs increase the availability and affordability of locally sourced foods, reduce food waste on local farms, and share knowledge of how fresh, local ingredients fit into a healthy lifestyle. We also create transparent systems and market-based opportunities for local and regional farmers and producers. The communications and development team raises funds for our programs and amplifies the organizations’ messages. This position requires a oneCNCS health benefit & child care assistance-year commitment to begin December 4, 2023. Application deadline is November 3, 2023.
- Refine existing Farm Fresh RI donor management and development systems to deepen activities around donor and volunteer engagement and gratitude.
- Refine existing grants management system to further fundraising capabilities with foundation and other grantmakers.
- Assist in refining and implementing communications to further enhance Farm Fresh’s development and programmatic messaging.
- Streamline fundraising event planning and management tool.
- Cultivate relationships with the development committee and other community members to enhance Farm Fresh’s fundraising capacity.
- Seek collaboration between Farm Fresh and local businesses via sponsorship opportunities.
- Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Great attention to detail
- Self starter and ability to maintain a self-motivating attitude
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to think, react, iterate, and redirect in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Suite
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a vibrant work environment
- Spanish skills or other language skills are a plus
- Able to bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds
- A U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
- At least 18 years old
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- No more than three previous terms as an AmeriCorps member
Farm Fresh has grown briskly since achieving 501c3 status in 2007, to capture the public interest in locally grown food and translate it into sales for local and regional farmers and producers. Strongly mission-driven, Farm Fresh RI hosts a variety of programs to enhance the local food system, with particular attention to farm viability and low-income access to fresh food. Farm Fresh also operates a range of marketplace programs (retail, wholesale, processing) that engage and connect local eaters with thousands of farmers and food producers across the New England region.
Mission: Farm Fresh Rhode Island is growing a local food system that values the environment, health, and quality of life of farmers and eaters in our region.
Vision: A New England region abundant with diverse family farms and fertile soils, with locally and honestly produced foods and flavors at the heart of every dinner table.
About AmeriCorps VISTA
AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs, made up of three primary programs that each take a different approach to improve lives and foster civic engagement. AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members bring passion and perseverance where the need is greatest: to organizations that help eradicate poverty. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve as a catalyst for change, living and working alongside community members to meet our nation’s most pressing challenges and advance local solutions.
AmeriCorps VISTA Member Benefits
- Bi-weekly living allowance of $675.08
- Student loan deferment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- $6,895 Segal Education Award upon completion of service to help pay for college, graduate school, or vocational training, or to repay student loans
- $600 Monthly Housing Stipend
This is a full-year position starting on December 4, 2023 and ending in December 2024. The deadline to apply is 11/3/2023.
- Please go to: http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp and review the AmeriCorps VISTA information on this site.
- Then go to https://my.americorps.gov/mp/login.do and click the red “Apply to Serve” link.
- Once you have created your profile, navigate to our listing and click the red “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the page.
- Submit your application including two references.
- No phone calls or drop-ins please.
- Applications must be submitted through this AmeriCorps VISTA site, Farm Fresh Rhode Island cannot accept applications directly.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming. Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Provider.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an AmeriCorps grantee and receives funds as part of their State and National program, and to operate our VISTA program.