Part-time Farm Store Associate/Field Hand Position
Moonrose Farm is a chemical-free vegetable and flower farm with low tillage practices and a focus on growing healthy food for our community located in Rehoboth, MA. Moonrose Farm is a safe space for all and we strongly encourage POC and LGBTQ+ folks to apply.
We are looking for one hard-working, passionate person to work at our seasonal farm stand and help out in the field. This position is seasonal and part-time. From June-August hours are 7am-3pm on Fridays and 12pm-6pm on Saturdays. From mid August-mid December an additional Sunday shift will be added from 9am-6pm.
- Setting up the farm stand with products and ensuring the space is clean at the start and throughout the day and restocking with inventory as needed. Closing down the store independently, ensuring products are properly stored overnight.
- Working the register of the farm stand, handling various payment methods including SNAP EBT, gift cards, membership cards, cash and credit. Counting cash and maintaining an accurate cash drawer.
- Providing excellent customer service establishing relationships with customers and CSA members. Answering questions about the products including produce varieties, recipe ideas, and growing practices.
- Managing quality control to ensure all products are being sold at their peak freshness.
- Performing various side work tasks including arranging flower bouquets, seeding trays of crops, painting display signs, bagging vegetables, packing orders, and deep cleaning.
- Helping out once a week in the field with various field tasks including harvesting, weeding, and planting veggies and flowers.
Reliability is extremely important. Must be committed to the full season. Please inform us of any planned vacations at the start of the season.
We require that you are able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. We are open rain or shine and require our team to be adequately prepared with appropriate attire for rain/mud/extreme heat/snow. You must have reliable transportation.
Compensation $13 per hour for field hours and $14.25 per hour for farm stand hours plus a 10% discount off items sold in the farm stand (some exclusions apply).