Farm Fresh Rhode island seeks a seasonal Farm to Family Community Education AmeriCorps VISTA Member. This position offers a unique opportunity to improve the health and wellbeing of seniors, children, and adults across Rhode Island through food literacy and life-skills education at farmers markets, school meal sites, libraries, and other community settings. This is a 10-week position starting on June 21 and ending on August 28, 2021. Application deadline is April 30, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Plan and prepare materials and lessons for programs.
- Assist Community Education team with program implementation for youth, families, and seniors.
- Participate in program performance measurement process through the administration of pre- and post-surveys to program participants.
- Collect quality data regarding effectiveness of program activities and conduct data entry weekly.
- Provide on-site support to program participants during recruitment and program implementation.
- Monitor program participation and evaluation.
- Review attendance and tracking sheets weekly to inform Community Education team of potential for enrollment capacity.
- Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Great attention to detail.
- Self starter and ability to maintain a self-motivating attitude.
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to think, react, iterate, and redirect in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a vibrant work environment.
- Spanish skills or other language skills are a plus.
- Good customer service skills and willingness to engage with adults and children.
- Willingness to work hands-on in various environments (outdoors at markets, inside at office).
- Able to bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid drivers license and access to reliable transportation. Mileage reimbursement will be provided for personal vehicle use.
About AmeriCorps VISTA
AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs, made up of three primary programs that each take a different approach to improving lives and fostering civic engagement. AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members bring passion and perseverance where the need is greatest: to organizations that help eradicate poverty. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve as a catalyst for change, living and working alongside community members to meet our nation’s most pressing challenges and advance local solutions.
AmeriCorps VISTA Member Benefits
- Bi-weekly living allowance of $513.94
- $ 1343 Segal Education Award or $345 cash payment at end of term
- Mileage Reimbursement
This is a 10-week position starting June 21, 2021 and ending August 28, 2021. The deadline to apply is April 30, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- To apply: please go to: http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp and review AmeriCorps VISTA information on this site.
- Then go to https://my.americorps.gov/mp/login.do and click “Search Listings.” For the search, select the “Rhode Island” and “AmeriCorps VISTA” options.
- Scroll until you find this position, click on it, and “Apply Now.”
- Submit your application including two references.
Applications must be submitted through this AmeriCorps VISTA site, Farm Fresh Rhode Island cannot accept applications directly.
About Farm Fresh Rhode Island
Farm Fresh RI’s mission is to grow a local food system that values the health, environment, and quality of life of the growers and eaters in our region. We envision a Northeast abundant with diverse family farms and fertile soils, with locally and honestly produced foods and flavors at the heart of every table. We offer farmers markets and transparent enterprise systems that help farmers, fishers, and food businesses in the Northeast reach more customers. And we work with the community through outreach, incentives, and educational programs to increase the accessibility and affordability of fresh, local foods.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage inquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming. Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer.