Farm Fresh Rhode Island seeks an outgoing and energetic Farm to Family Nutrition Education Summer AmeriCorps VISTA with demonstrated initiative and clear organizational communication skills to increase Farm Fresh Rhode Island’s Nutrition Education program capacity. This position offers a unique opportunity to improve the health and wellbeing of low-income families across Rhode Island through nutrition and life-skills education at farmers markets and other community settings. This is a 10 week position starting in June and ending in late August.
● Plan and prepare materials and lessons for programs
● Assist nutrition education staff with program implementation for youth, families, and seniors
● Participate in program performance measurement process through the administration of pre and post surveys to program participants
● Collect quality data regarding effectiveness of program activities and conduct data
● Provide on-site support to program participants during recruitment and program implementation
● Monitor program participation and evaluation
● Review attendance and tracking sheets weekly to inform nutrition education program staff of potential for enrollment capacity
● Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal)
● Great attention to detail
● Self starter and ability to maintain a self-motivating attitude
● Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
● Excellent time-management skills
● Ability to think, react, iterate, and redirect in a fast-paced environment
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
● Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a vibrant work environment
● Spanish skills or other language skills are a plus
● Good customer service skills and willing to engage with adults and children
● Willingness to work hands-on in various environments (outdoors at markets, inside at office)
● Able to bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds
● Must have a valid drivers license and access to reliable transportation- mileage reimbursement will be provided for personal vehicle use.
To apply: please go to: http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp Please review AmeriCorps VISTA information on this site. Then go to https://my.americorps.gov/mp/login.do and click “Search Listings.” For the search, select the “Rhode Island” and “AmeriCorps VISTA” options. Scroll until you find this position, click on it, and “Apply Now.” Submit your application including 2 references. Applications must be submitted through this AmeriCorps VISTA site, Farm Fresh Rhode Island cannot accept applications directly. Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an equal opportunity employer.