Farm Fresh Rhode Island is seeking an immediate part-time, seasonal Farmers Market Program Associate for September and October. The Farmers Market Program Associate will support internal operations of farmers markets while also attending markets to enforce COVID-19 safety rules and regulations. Applicants must be able to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a vibrant work environment and be willing to work with the public in a socially distant and outdoor setting. The Farmers Market Associate position is subject to change over time given needs of the organization.
They will work closely on a small team made up of two program managers, seasonal part-time program staff, plus year round volunteers and interns. Farmers Markets run rain or shine, we are passionate about making sure we are serving our community and vendors year round. An ideal candidate will be energetic, outgoing, organized, and passionate about community connections and food access.
Immediate Need — Schedule Requirements
Applicants must be available for a least 20 of the following hours to be considered:
- Wednesdays, 1:45pm - 7:00pm
- Saturday, 7:30am - 2:00pm
- Thursday, 3:00pm - 7:00pm
- Friday, 7:30am - 2:00pm
- Applicant must:
- Be outgoing and able to connect with a range of audiences
- Be able to build relationships with people from varied cultural, economic, educational, racial, and religious backgrounds
- Be able to work effectively on a team
- Have excellent verbal communication and customer service skills, with an ability to enforce market rules and regulations
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Be able to bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds
- Have access to reliable transportation for transporting market equipment to and from program sites across the state
- Have a valid drivers license
Candidates with any of the following skills will be prioritized:
- Spanish speaking or non-english language skills
- Candidates from Providence, Pawtucket, and Central Falls
- Knowledge and experience with community organizing
- Excellent computer skills
- Farming or foodservice experience
- Customer service and administration
- Part-time position: 15-25 hours a week
- Some early evening and Saturday hours required
- $13/hr plus mileage reimbursement
- Please fill out our online application.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming. Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Provider.