Frontier Farm is a 2.5 acre diversified vegetable and herb farm in Westerly, Rhode Island. Environmental stewardship, soil health, food accessibility, and community are our top priorities. We utilize a science-based regenerative approach and no-till methods whenever possible, focusing on soil health as the foundation for plant health. We sell our produce through our CSA program, at our farm stand, at the Westerly Farmer’s Market, through Market Mobile, and local restaurant accounts. Learn more about our farm at our website www.frontierfarmri.com.
This season we’re looking for 1 part-time farm hand to help out with all aspects of the farm. This position is seasonal and will run from late May to early October, with the possibility of staying on into the fall. We can adjust the early fall schedule to accommodate students’ needs.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Harvesting, washing, and packing produce
- Seeding in the greenhouse
- Preparing beds for planting
- Transplanting seedlings out to the field
- Weeding in the field and greenhouse
- No farming experience is necessary- we’re happy to teach!
- Please review all of our work-share requirements here, they will apply to the farm hand as well.
- Must also be comfortable working in a small team and independently
Schedule & Compensation:
- 15-20hrs/week: Mondays & Wednesdays 8hr each, another ½ day of your choice Mon.-Sat.
- CSA share included & extra veggies as they’re available
To apply, please email Cassidy at [email protected] with:
- Brief statement of interest
- Resume or work experience
- 2 professional references