GrowNYC is a 51-year-old environmental nonprofit organization - helping more than 3 million New Yorkers by providing essential services and taking action to make NYC a livable city, one where every person can enjoy a healthier, more sustainable life.
Our network of Greenmarkets, Farmstands, Fresh Food Box sites and Greenmarket Co. ensures that all New Yorkers have access to the freshest, healthiest local food.
We blanket the five boroughs with resources like textile and food scrap collection, Stop ‘N’ Swaps, as well as free training to make waste reduction easy for all.
We build and support community and school gardens through volunteer days, technical assistance, training, grants and more.
We provide 70,000 children each year with programs that provide meaningful interactions with the natural environment.
Note to applicants on COVID safety: GrowNYC is committed to
stopping the spread of Covid-19. All new hires must be able to provide
proof of COVID-19 vaccination during the onboarding process. Employees are also required to follow COVID safety protocols as the situation evolves,
which may include daily health screenings, mask wearing, and other
mitigation measures as deemed necessary by local conditions, mandates,
and applicable guidelines.
GrowNYC is seeking a full-time Recruiting & Training Manager to support GrowNYC’s HR team, primarily overseeing recruiting, training, and professional development. The Recruiting & Training Manager will provide leadership, support, and advocacy to program managers to successfully recruit candidates and train and develop skills for existing staff.
Recruiting & Training Manager (Full-Time) Responsibilities:
• Oversee all aspects of recruiting
• Streamline hiring process and communicate new processes to Program Managers & Directors
• Liaise with Program Managers and Directors to assess hiring needs and recruiting strategy and provide them with interview and hiring tools
• Work with HR Director and Program Managers & Directors to create job posts & descriptions, screener questions, skills test, and phone and video interview questions
• Train Program Managers & Directors to use the Paylocity Recruiting platform
• Review applications and schedule phone and video interviews with successful candidates; conduct phone and video interviews as needed
• Research and recommend new sources for candidate recruiting, attending career fairs, etc.
Training and Professional Development
• Create, develop, implement, and conduct training and development programs for employees
• Manage Learning Management System
• Assess training and development needs through surveys, interviews, and communications
• Create, organize, plan and present various forms of onboarding and skills training for employees
• Create and oversee employee manuals, resource lists, and guides
• Maintain records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements
• Assess and update training materials
• Evaluate program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback
• Maintain knowledge of the latest trends in training and development
This position will co-supervise the Staff Engagement Partner.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• At least two years related experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Motivated self-starter who can work independently, identify problems, and create systems to solve them
• An interest in food systems, agriculture, social justice and change, nonprofits, and equitable processes
• Working understanding of equitable Human Resources principles, practices and procedures; ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices and be committed to equitable hiring practices
• Ability to collect and interpret data
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel), OneDrive, SharePoint, and Google Drive
• Must be well organized with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once without missing deadlines
• Knowledge of Paylocity a plus
This position requires ample computer time, field visits, and in-person trainings and events.
Mon-Fri, 35-40 hours per week. This is a hybrid role with a minimum of 1-2 days per week in our Manhattan office starting May 2, 2022.
The full-time Recruiting & Training Manager position is non-exempt and pays $60k-$65k per year, commensurate upon experience, and includes full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, pension plan, and paid time off).
GrowNYC is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer
and hires without regard to race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or physical disability.