The Local Catch, Inc. sells fresh, untreated, sustainably wild-caught local seafood direct to consumers at farmers markets. It was founded on the philosophy that selling seafood locally improves our community’s relationship with the food we eat. Our strategy supports New England fishermen, is better for the environment, and provides a fresher, tastier seafood product to our community.
We are seeking a seasonal, full-time worker.
- Working in our small dockside shop.
- Transporting our product in a company owned truck and working at local farmers markets (RI and CT) as a sales representative.
- Transporting our product in a company own truck as part of our home delivery service.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Solid motivated sales drive
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
- Ability to work indoors or outdoors
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time
- Ability to load and unload truck
- Basic computer skills; Outlook, Word, Excel required
- Must have a smartphone
- Must be an effective communicator
Work days are typically Wednesday-Sunday with some flexibility, but Saturdays and some Sundays are a must, with Sunday being paid at a “time and a half” rate. The daily hours are varied, based upon the work flow, however, the successful candidate can count on full time hours through October with the opportunity for overtime on a weekly basis. The hourly rate is between $14–$18/hour based upon experience. There are opportunities for performance based reviews and advancement for the right candidate. The successful candidate may have the opportunity to become a year-round employee after a thorough review of his/her seasonal work performance.
If you wish to apply, please email Captain Cook at [email protected] with your resume, a cover letter discussing your qualifications, and any experience you have with seafood, fishing, customer service or as a supervisor. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
The Local Catch, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. Any offers of employment will be contingent on confirmation of a 5-year good driving history and background check.