The position has been filled as of 2/13/20
Mount Grace is an accredited regional land trust serving 23 communities in north central Massachusetts. Headquartered in Athol, we have permanently conserved nearly 35,000 acres in our predominantly rural region since 1986. Our work is rooted in our collaborative, innovative approach to conservation and stewardship.
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic new team member to lead our nationally recognized Farm Conservation Program.
- Protect farms through using both traditional tools (i.e. conservation restrictions) and innovative approaches.
Develop and manage conservation projects in partnership with farmers and farmland owners and in keeping with Land Trust Alliance Standards and Practices.
Create and implement a strategic farmland conservation plan.
- Support our local food system through coordinating a grassroots and cross-sectoral network known as the Greater Quabbin Food Alliance.
Organize bi-annual meetings and support the participating farmers, community organizations, land trusts, planners, businesses, local schools, and others involved in addressing the food system challenges in our communities.
- Identify, understand, and work to address challenges related to farm viability and land access.
Implement creative strategies to keep farms in active production and in the hands of farmers.
Participate in local and regional gatherings, conferences, and speaking engagements to share resources and promote collaboration.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing conservation restrictions and managing necessary real estate components
• Familiarity with Land Trust Alliance Standards and Practices
• Familiarity with food systems issues
• Excellent communication skills, including public speaking
• Community organizing and outreach
• Basic GIS mapping and familiarity with ArcGIS
• Event planning
This position requires regular local travel with a personal vehicle. Attendance at occasional evening and weekend events is required. Mount Grace is a proud equal opportunity employer and strives to be an inclusive and diverse organization. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Mount Grace offers a competitive benefits package and collaborative work environment.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to Sarah Wells at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.