We are hiring at Roots Farm in Tiverton, RI for full-time positions for 2023, with the option for part-time work this winter.
We are looking for hardworking, self-directed individuals with a strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail. Crew members are involved in many aspects of the farm including: harvesting, bed preparation, seeding, transplanting, cultivation, and farmers markets.
Applicants should be in good physical shape as the majority of work is done by hand, and be able to lift 50 lbs regularly. Previous experience is a plus. Applicants should be able to work well with others but also independently. We have been farming for 12+ years, have a successful farm business, and it is a pleasant place to work. We have a positive work environment here at Roots Farm and keep that standard when hiring.
Full-time work would begin in March/April and go through November/December. Work days are 8 hours/day, with full-time at 5 days/week, and part-time at 2-3 days/week. Exact start and end dates are flexible.
No housing is provided. Must have reliable transportation to and from the farm.
– Hourly pay (starting at $15/hr or higher, depending on experience)
– Farm veggies
– Paid time off accruing after three months employment
– Paid holidays on Thanksgiving and Christmas
– A 401K plan for employees who work over 1000 hours per year, with a 4% employer match
– Year-end bonus
– A 50% reimbursement for farmgear purchases (work-related footwear, work clothes, rain gear)
– Winter work for employees returning the following season
If you are interested in working with us at Roots Farm, email your relevant experience, interests, and resume to [email protected].