Root 5 Farm is a certified organic vegetable farm located on 38 acres in Fairlee, Vermont, along the Connecticut River. The fertile river bottom soils provide a rich environment for growing over 100 different varieties of vegetables.
We’re dedicated to growing practices that use a holistic approach to soil fertility, pest control and plant and animal health. We build our soil through crop rotation, cover cropping, and minimal tillage and are committed to a healthy workplace, environment, and community.
All members of our tight-knit crew have their hands in the soil planting, hoeing, weeding, mulching, pruning, trellising, harvesting, washing and packing produce. In the spring our team also works together on infrastructure projects, and fall finds us in the farm kitchen making kimchi, kraut, herbed salts, and other value-added products.
At Root 5 Farm it’s important to us that all employees enjoy:
- A respectful, welcoming, and supportive work environment
- All you can eat delicious vegetables and krauts
- Opportunities to grow and develop new skills
- Opportunities to collaborate and provide input on the farm
Part-time, mornings 7am-noon, minimum 15 hours/week.
Seasonal, please inquire for more details.
Pay starting at $17/hour
- Be an active member of a small team to take on projects, solve problems, and work together.
- This position has a particular focus on harvesting produce.