Part time position (15-20hrs week) starting August 2020
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is seeking committed and reliable team-players to join our Market Mobile team as a Packhouse & Operations Associate. Market Mobile is Farm Fresh RI’s local food distribution platform that connects local and regional farms and food producers and services a range of customers including institutional, residential and community partners.
As a Packhouse Associate for Farm Fresh RI, you will work in support of our nonprofit mission to connect Rhode Island growers and eaters. This position completes daily tasks in support of packhouse facility operations by implementing established receiving, packing, and cleaning processes and procedures.
The Packhouse Associate will work under the direct supervision of our Market Mobile Operation Managers as well as the Directors of Sales and Operations. These team members are a part of a team that packs thousands of orders weekly, on behalf of local and regional farmers, for deliveries to a wide variety of customers across the state. Ideal candidates will have keen attention to detail, experience in a warehouse setting, enjoy working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, have experience picking and packing orders, and preferably have experience moving items with a pallet jack. This position requires a flexible schedule; some shifts occur early in the morning, some shifts go into early evening. Scheduling is based on seasonal business needs.
- Receive product into the packhouse from farmers and producers in accordance with receiving procedures
- Pack customer orders accurately and efficiently
- Proactively communicate issues and challenges with Market Mobile managers
- Support safe food handling practices
- Clean packing facilities weekly
- Maintain positive relations with vendors and customers
- Work with volunteers and interns as necessary
Critical Skills & Experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with willingness to collaborate
- Detail oriented
- Ability to bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Experience with an electric pallet jack preferred
- Picking and packing orders experience preferred
- Part-time position: 15-20 hours a week. Hours change due to the seasonal nature of our programs.
- Tuesdays 5am-12pm, Wednesday 12pm-5pm, Thursdays 5am-2pm, plus Fridays 7am-1pm availability required.
- Sick and Safe leave time accrued according to hours worked starting day-one.
- $16/hr starting rate
- Fill out the online application (at Indeed).
- No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Farm Fresh RI Foundational & Organizational OutcomesAs an organization, we feel it is important that all employees in all programs of Farm Fresh Rhode Island are expected to uphold the following outcomes in addition to their specific job responsibilities:
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Respect: All staff and volunteers are committed to equality in the workplace, demonstrate respect for each other and those we serve, and work to create a more equitable food system.
- Food Safety: Certifications are maintained and standard operating procedures are followed to ensure safe food handling at all times.
- Health & Safety: Staff, volunteers, and visitors are safe in our office, café, and at all program sites. Staff and volunteers feel safe and supported in the workplace.
- Food Systems Knowledge: All workers can speak about local, sustainable, and equitable food system development and understand how Farm Fresh RI programs address different aspects of these topics.
- Service Orientation: Staff and volunteers are helpful and respectful in all interactions with each other and with all constituents of all Farm Fresh RI programs.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming. Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Provider.