Part time position (15-25hrs week), hourly
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is seeking committed and reliable team-players to join our Market Mobile team in a dual role as both a driver and packhouse associate. Market Mobile is Farm Fresh’s local food distribution platform that connects local and regional farms and food producers, and services a range of customers including institutional, residential, and community partners.
As a Market Mobile Driver & Packhouse Associate, you will work with the Market Mobile team to complete assigned daily truck deliveries as well as play a supporting role in our Packhouse facility operations. You will support all aspects of operations by implementing established receiving, packing, cleaning, and delivery processes and procedures. Daily tasks include safe, efficient driving according to assigned routes, ensuring accuracy in product being delivered in collaboration with delivery assistants loading/unloading trucks, and completion of required daily paperwork. In addition to delivery functions throughout the week, Associates also support the Market Mobile team with product receiving and packing as well as weekly packhouse cleaning.
Market Mobile Drivers must maintain a valid DOT Medical Card at all times. Ideal Market Mobile Drivers will have clean driving records, keen attention to health and safety, and knowledge of best practices in food handling — especially in light of the current COVID-19 outbreak. They must be quick learners, have strong attention to detail, and should enjoy working in an environment that centers teamwork.
The Market Mobile Drivers and Packhouse Associates will work under the supervision of our Market Mobile Operations Manager. They work closely with other Associates, Managers, and Directors on the Market Mobile team. Farm Fresh RI is working hard to keep all customers and employees safe during this public health crisis, and will provide necessary protective equipment.
Primary Market Mobile Outcomes
- Truck Operations: Applicable rules, regulations, and traffic laws are strictly followed at all times. Daily truck inspections are consistently completed. All incidents and accidents are properly and promptly reported.
- Deliveries: All sites and customers receive what they ordered within the proper time frame and with courteous and professional service. All invoices are signed and driver/assistant paperwork is completed.
- Communication: Communication with customers, producers, and other staff is professional, prompt, and solution-oriented at all times.
- Maintenance: All fleet maintenance issues are promptly reported to the Operations Manager.
- Equipment: All equipment is used correctly and safely. Equipment is put away when not in use.
- Supplies: All supplies are used correctly and safely. Supplies are organized and put away when not in use.
- Sanitation & Cleaning: Packhouse is clean and well organized at all times.
- Part-time position: 15-25 hours a week. Hours change due to the seasonal nature of our programs.
- Tuesdays & Thursday 5am-3pm, plus Fridays 7am-3pm availability required
- Sick and Safe Leave time accrued according to hours worked starting Day 1
- Reimbursement for DOT Certification for Driving
- Pay Range $18.50 for Driver hours, $16 for Packhouse hours
- Fill out the online application (at Indeed).
- No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of required pre-employment screening, acceptance of your driving record by the Company’s auto insurance underwriting requirements, and provision of documents demonstrating your authorization to work in the United States.
About Farm Fresh RI
Since 2004 Farm Fresh RI has grown briskly to capture the public interest in locally grown food and translate it into sales for RI farmers and producers. Strongly mission-driven Farm Fresh RI has implemented a variety of programs to enhance the local food system of the Rhode Island region, with particular attention to farm viability and low-income access to fresh food. Farm Fresh operates a wide range of marketplace programs (retail, wholesale, processing) that engage and connect tens of thousands of RI, MA and CT eaters with thousands of RI, MA and CT farmers.
Mission: Farm Fresh Rhode Island is growing a local food system that values the environment, health and quality of life of RI farmers and eaters.
Vision: A New England abundant with diverse family farms and fertile soils, with locally and honestly produced foods and flavors at the heart of every dinner table.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming. Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Provider.