Farm Fresh Rhode Island is seeking committed and reliable team-players to join our team as Drivers working with our Market Mobile team. Market Mobile is a wholesale distribution platform where local farms sell their products to a variety of customers through one online order form, delivery service, and invoice.
The Drivers support Market Mobile operations through successful implementation of established operating procedures and compliance with regulatory guidelines. Daily tasks include safe, efficient driving according to assigned routes, accurate customer deliveries in collaboration with delivery assistants, loading/unloading trucks, and completion of prescribed paperwork. The Drivers may also provide support as needed with packhouse cleaning and sanitation, receiving, and packline. The Drivers must maintain a valid DOT Medical Card at all times. Drivers will have clean driving records, keen attention to health and safety, and knowledge of best practices in food handling, especially in light of the current COVID-19 outbreak. They will be quick learners, have strong attention to detail, and should enjoy working in an environment that centers teamwork.
The Drivers will work under the supervision of our Operations Manager. They work closely with Packhouse Associates and the rest of the Market Mobile team. Farm Fresh RI is working hard to keep all customers and employees safe during this public health crisis, and will provide necessary protective equipment.
- Truck Operations: Applicable rules, regulations, and traffic laws are strictly followed at all times. Daily truck inspections are consistently completed. All incidents and accidents are properly and promptly reported.
- Deliveries: All sites and customers receive what they ordered within the proper timeframe and with courteous and professional service. All invoices are signed and driver/assistant paperwork is completed.
- Communication: Communication with customers, producers, and other staff is professional, prompt, and solution-oriented at all times.
- Maintenance: All fleet maintenance issues are promptly reported to the Operations Manager.
- Equipment: All equipment is used correctly and safely. Equipment is put away when not in use.
- Supplies: All supplies are used correctly and safely. Supplies are organized and put away when not in use.
- Sanitation & Cleaning: Packhouse is clean and well organized at all times.
As a team member at Farm Fresh RI, you will also work to ensure the following foundational outcomes for our organization.
- Diversity, Inclusion & Respect: All staff and volunteers are committed to equality in the workplace, demonstrate respect for each other and those we serve, and work to create a more equitable food system.
- Food Safety: Certifications are maintained and standard operating procedures are followed in order to handle all food properly.
- Health & Safety: Staff, volunteers, and visitors are safe in the Packhouse and on the road. Staff and volunteers feel safe and supported in the workplace.
- Food Systems Knowledge: All workers are able to speak about local, sustainable, and equitable food system development, and understand how Farm Fresh programs address different aspects of these topics.
- Service Orientation: Staff and volunteers are helpful and respectful in all interactions with each other and constituents of all Farm Fresh programs.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience Required
- Ability to bend and lift loads up to 50 lbs
- Clean driving record
- Professional driving experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Food systems experience preferred
- Knowledge of best practices in food safety
- Quick learner
- Team player
- Please apply online here.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with interviews starting May 26, 2020.
- No phone calls or drop-ins.
Since 2004 Farm Fresh Rhode Island has grown briskly to capture the public interest in locally grown food and translate it into sales for regional farmers and producers. Strongly mission-driven, Farm Fresh RI achieved 501c3 status in 2007, and has since implemented a variety of programs to enhance the local food system of the Northeast region, with particular attention to farm viability and low-income access to fresh food. Farm Fresh RI operates a wide range of marketplace programs (retail, wholesale, processing) that engage and connect tens of thousands of eaters with thousands of local farmers.
Mission: Farm Fresh Rhode Island is growing a local food system that values the environment, health and quality of life of both farmers and eaters.
Vision: A Northeast region abundant with diverse family farms and fertile soils, with locally and honestly produced foods and flavors at the heart of every table.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Provider