Begun in 2004 as a student thesis project at Brown University, Farm Fresh has grown briskly to capture the public interest in locally grown food and translate it into sales for RI farmers and producers. Strongly mission-driven, Farm Fresh achieved 501c3 status in 2007, and has since implemented a variety of programs to enhance the local food system of the Rhode Island region, with particular attention to farm viability and low-income access to fresh food. Farm Fresh operates a wide range of marketplace programs (retail, wholesale, processing) that engage and connect tens of thousands of RI, MA and CT eaters with thousands of RI, MA and CT farmers.
Mission: Farm Fresh Rhode Island is growing a local food system that values the environment, health and quality of life of RI farmers and eaters.
Vision: A New England abundant with diverse family farms and fertile soils, with locally and honestly produced foods and flavors at the heart of every dinner table.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is looking for an intern for our Market Mobile program. Market Mobile is a transparent, wholesale distribution platform that works to connect local growers and producers to eaters. Our customer base includes restaurants, hospitals, universities, and many more. As an intern, you will get an inside look into the fast paced and exciting world of local food while getting to know the ins and outs of wholesale distribution. A passion for local food and sustainability are a must!
· Assist Market Mobile Manager with outreach efforts to local restaurants and businesses
· Assist Market Mobile with customer service and communication needs
· Assist with administrative duties, such as delivery paperwork, or packline assistance
· Additional administrative activities as directed by Market Mobile Manager
· Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal)
· Great attention to detail
· Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a vibrant work environment
Availability and Hours
· Flexible hours 8-12 hours per week depending on applicant’s interest
· Flexible start and end dates
· Shifts available 5 days a week
· Availability on Monday and Wednesday afternoons is required
· Additional availability on Tuesday and/or Thursday mornings is preferred
To apply, or with any questions, please contact email@example.com. Please write “Market Mobile Internship” in the subject line and attach a resume and a letter of interest.