Farm Fresh Rhode Island is seeking committed and reliable team-players to join our team as Packhouse Associates working on our Market Mobile program. Market Mobile is a wholesale distribution platform where local farms sell their products to a variety of customers through one order form, delivery service, and invoice. In light of the COVID-19 epidemic, Market Mobile has pivoted to offer home deliveries, providing much needed food to individual households, while continuing to provide a market for farmers and food producers to sell their products.
The Packhouse Associate will work under the supervision of our Operations Manager. The Associate will support the efficient operations of Farm Fresh RI’s packhouse, including packing orders, receiving deliveries from farmers, and assisting customers with curbside pickup. Associates may step in as driver assistants, and support home deliveries as well. The Associate will have keen attention to health and safety, adhering to best practices in food handling, especially in light of the current COVID-19 outbreak. They will be quick learners, have strong attention to detail, and should enjoy working in an environment that centers teamwork.
This position works closely with other Packhouse Associates and the rest of the Market Mobile team. Farm Fresh RI is working hard to keep all customers and employees safe during this public health crisis, and will provide necessary protective equipment. Compensation: $15/hour (approximately 20 hours/week)
- Receiving: All items are accurately checked in, all discrepancies and adjustments are properly noted, and all items are checked for quality, stored safely, and ready to be picked and packed for delivery.
- Packline: All orders contain the correct products from the correct farms and producers. Products are again checked for quality, safely packed, correctly labeled, and placed on the correct truck to ensure quality, food safety, and personnel safety. All substitutions are correctly noted and communicated.
- Sanitation and Security: Packhouse is clean, safe, and well organized at all times.
As a team member at Farm Fresh RI, you will also work to ensure the following foundational outcomes for our organization.
- Diversity, Inclusion & Respect: All staff and volunteers are committed to equality in the workplace, demonstrate respect for each other and those we serve, and work to create a more equitable food system.
- Food Safety: Certifications are maintained and standard operating procedures are followed in order to handle all food properly.
- Health & Safety: Staff, volunteers, and visitors are safe in the Packhouse and on the road. Staff and volunteers feel safe and supported in the workplace.
- Food Systems Knowledge: All workers are able to speak about local, sustainable, and equitable food system development, and understand how Farm Fresh programs address different aspects of these topics.
- Service Orientation: Staff and volunteers are helpful and respectful in all interactions with each other and constituents of all Farm Fresh programs.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Ability to bend and lift loads up to 50 lb.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Food systems experience preferred
- Knowledge of best practices in food safety
- Quick learner
- Team player
- Please apply online here.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with interviews starting April 15, 2020.
Since 2004 Farm Fresh Rhode Island has grown briskly to capture the public interest in locally grown food and translate it into sales for regional farmers and producers. Strongly mission-driven, Farm Fresh RI achieved 501c3 status in 2007, and has since implemented a variety of programs to enhance the local food system of the Northeast region, with particular attention to farm viability and low-income access to fresh food. Farm Fresh RI operates a wide range of marketplace programs (retail, wholesale, processing) that engage and connect tens of thousands of eaters with thousands of local farmers.
Mission: Farm Fresh Rhode Island is growing a local food system that values the environment, health and quality of life of bothRI farmers and eaters.
Vision: A Northeast region abundant with diverse family farms and fertile soils, with locally and honestly produced foods and flavors at the heart of every table.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming. Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Provider.