15~ 25 hours/week, hourly
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is seeking committed and reliable team-players to join our Market Mobile Program team in a duel role as both a driver and packhouse associate. Market Mobile is Farm Fresh’s local food distribution platform that connects local and regional farms and food producers and services a range of customers including institutional, residential and community partners.
As a Market Mobile Driver & Packhouse Associate for Farm Fresh RI, you will work with the Market Mobile team to complete assigned daily truck deliveries as well as playing a supporting role in our Packhouse facility operations. You will support all aspects of operations by implementing established receiving, packing, cleaning and delivery processes and procedures. Daily tasks include safe, efficient driving according to assigned routes, ensuring accuracy in product being delivered, in collaboration with delivery assistants loading/unloading trucks, and completion of required daily paperwork. In addition to delivery functions throughout the week Associates also support the Market Mobile team with product receiving and packing as well as weekly packhouse cleaning.
Market Mobile Drivers must maintain a valid DOT Medical Card at all times. Ideal Market Mobile Drivers will have clean driving records, keen attention to health and safety, and knowledge of best practices in food handling, especially in light of the current COVID-19 outbreak. They must be quick learners, have strong attention to detail, and should enjoy working in an environment that centers teamwork.
The Market Mobile Drivers and Packhouse Associates will work under the supervision of our Market Mobile Operations Manager. They work closely with other Associates, Managers and Directors on the Market Mobile team. Farm Fresh RI is working hard to keep all customers and employees safe during this public health crisis, and will provide necessary protective equipment.
Primary Market Mobile Outcomes
- Truck Operations: Applicable rules, regulations, and traffic laws are strictly followed at all times. Daily truck inspections are consistently completed. All incidents and accidents are properly and promptly reported.
- Deliveries: All sites and customers receive what they ordered within the proper time frame and with courteous and professional service. All invoices are signed and driver/assistant paperwork is completed.
- Communication: Communication with customers, producers, and other staff is professional, prompt, and solution-oriented at all times.
- Maintenance: All fleet maintenance issues are promptly reported to the Operations Manager.
- Equipment: All equipment is used correctly and safely. Equipment is put away when not in use.
- Supplies: All supplies are used correctly and safely. Supplies are organized and put away when not in use.
- Sanitation & Cleaning: Packhouse is clean and well organized at all times.
- Part-time position: 15-25 hours a week. Hours change due to the seasonal nature of our programs.
- Tuesdays & Thursday 5am - 3pm, plus Fridays 7am- 3pm availability required
- Sick and Safe leave time accrued according to hours worked starting Day 1
- Reimbursement for DOT Certification for Driving
- Pay Range $18.50 for Driver hours $16 for Packhouse hours
- Fill out the online application.
- No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of required pre-employment screening, acceptance of your driving record by the Company’s auto insurance underwriting requirements, and provision of documents demonstrating your authorization to work in the United States.
Farm Fresh RI Foundational & Organizational OutcomesAs an organization, we feel it is important that all employees in all programs of Farm Fresh Rhode Island are expected to uphold the following outcomes in addition to their specific job responsibilities:
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Respect: All staff and volunteers are committed to equality in the workplace, demonstrate respect for each other and those we serve, and work to create a more equitable food system.
- Food Safety: Certifications are maintained and standard operating procedures are followed to ensure safe food handling at all times.
- Health & Safety: Staff, volunteers, and visitors are safe in our office, café, and at all program sites. Staff and volunteers feel safe and supported in the workplace.
- Food Systems Knowledge: All workers can speak about local, sustainable, and equitable food system development and understand how Farm Fresh RI programs address different aspects of these topics.
- Service Orientation: Staff and volunteers are helpful and respectful in all interactions with each other and with all constituents of all Farm Fresh RI programs.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming. Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Provider.