Good Afternoon All,
I am trying very hard to find more farmers and vendors to participate in our new market in Smithfield, RI. We are desperately looking for more farmers and vendors to participate.
- The market will be held at Revive the Roots: 374 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI. The goal of our market is to increase access to fresh, local, healthy foods in the community.
- The market will be each Monday, June 7th, 2021 through August 2, 2021 (excluding July 5, 2021).
- The market will be 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM, but farmers can come for 2 or 3 hours during that frame if they would like! (We know it is a long market, so if you just want to come for 2 or 3 hours, that is fine with us!)
- You do not have to come to all 8 markets - we are asking for attendance at 4 (at least), but understand if you can only do 2 or 3.
- We will be able to accept SNAP (EBT) and credit/debit. We are also a “WIC-approved” market and will be participating in “bonus bucks.”
- The Agency hosting the market, Tri-County Community Action Agency, is a non-profit looking to increase food access to those who are food insecure. That being said, we are willing to cover some of the cost of goods sold so you sell to the market attendees at a lower cost, without losing money yourselves.
- If you are at all interested, please fill out the following brief google form application https://forms.gle/pdy4kMsdTL4rZMoH6 or feel free to call me at (401) 330-5595. If possible, please fill out the form by Friday, May 14, 2021.
Thank you for all you do,
Casey Sardo, RD