The Northeast Organic Farming Association of RI is hiring a part-time coordinator to support event promotions and outreach.
Our mission is helping sustainable growers do what they do best: build soil, share knowledge, and feed our communities. We coordinate farmer-to-farmer mentorship, host an annual Winter Conference and slate of on-farm workshops, and connect growers to resources and funding opportunities.
This position helps make these connections possible. Our ideal candidate is organized, able to manage several work streams, and motivated to share stories and build relationships. This is a mostly remote job, with the a few in-person meetings and events a year.
- Update website with information and events as needed
- Update membership lists and manage e-news audiences
- Maintain copies of event evaluations, procedures, and other relevant documents in Google drive
- Maintain online accounts and subscriptions
- Support event logistics as needed
- Compile, draft, and send e-news (typically twice a month)
- Write and send press releases (occasional)
- Monitor primary NOFA email account
- Create images and flyers for digital and print promotions
- Post events on relevant platforms and social media; collaborate with NOFA staff to promote events and receive feedback
- Coordinate event documentation (photos, stories, surveys)
- Maintain relationships with NOFA constituents and partner organizations
- Identify and reach other engaged Rhode Island audiences
- Organized and timely communicator
- Strong writing and editing skills; consideration of context and target audience
- Experience working in communications or outreach
- Familiarity with organic farming and the Rhode Island food & agriculture community
- Familiarity with Zoom, Outlook, Mailchimp, WordPress, and event hosting platforms
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, accessibility, and relationship-building
- Experience with graphic design a plus; ability to work with print and digital specs
Hours and compensation: Part time, starting at $25/hr. The position typically involves 4-5 half days per week.
To apply: Email [email protected] with your resume and qualifications.