MA/RI Part-Time Local Recruiter support Position Description
Submit applications to [email protected]
Who We Are
FoodCorps partners with schools and communities to nourish kids’ health, education, and sense of belonging so that every child, in every school, experiences the joy and power of food. Our AmeriCorps members serve alongside educators and school nutrition leaders to provide kids with nourishing meals, food education, and culturally affirming experiences with food that celebrate and nurture the whole child. Building on this direct service, FoodCorps advocates for policy change, grows networks, and develops leaders in service of every kid’s health and wellbeing. Our goal is that by 2030, every child will have access to food education and nourishing food in school!
What We’re Looking For
FoodCorps is seeking a part time Recruiter to provide critical support to the
recruitment efforts of our AmeriCorps service program. Reporting to the state Impact and Partnerships Lead and consulting with the Recruitment Team, you will support our efforts to recruit hundreds of diverse FoodCorps Service Members who commit to a year of paid service building nourishing futures for students. Your role will be to execute online and in-person engagement efforts with prospective applicants, representing FoodCorps at targeted recruitment events, and supporting state teams with recruitment tasks.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and positive communicator with a “customer service” orientation; be a creative self-starter with an ability to effectively coordinate and follow through on projects; be skilled at multitasking, prioritizing, and keeping an eye on the larger goal while juggling multiple responsibilities; have demonstrated ability to network within the food, agriculture, public health, and education organizations/institutions serving people of color and comfort with public speaking.
- Comfortable representing FoodCorps both one-on-one and to large groups
- Reliable and able to take initiative while working independently
- Ability to research and reach out to organizations
- Resides in MA
- Access to reliable transportation
- Reliable computer and internet access
Location: Statewide, MA
- Knowledge of local organizations and/or access to personal networks that include potential local applicants
- Experience connecting diverse networks is a plus
- Alumni of FoodCorps or any AmeriCorps/public service program
What You’ll Do
While the local recruiter’s work plan will vary based on the unique opportunities in the state, they will support FoodCorps’ efforts to recruit a diverse cohort of qualified local candidates through a combination of the following:
- Create social media posts and manage social media content for state (50% of your time)
- Representing FoodCorps at virtual career fairs and other events
- Attending training sessions and check-ins with state and national recruitment staff
- Hosting in-person and/or online recruitment events
- Identifying potential partnerships with community organizations, colleges/universities, and student groups
- Sending physical recruitment materials to potential candidates and recruitment partners
- Updating the candidates tracker as necessary
- Following up with potential candidates via email and phone
FoodCorps pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location. This is a part-time, temporary position with an hourly rate of $20/hr, 5-10 hours per week, not to exceed 10 hours a week, or upon completion of the project, or 100 hours total, whichever comes first. The position will be active from January 2nd, 2024-May 3rd, 2024. This position will be a remote position based in the state of MA.
FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees as required by law. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.