Phantom Farms has been a local Cumberland café and garden center for many years! We carry an assortment of annuals, perennials, and shrubs. We are looking to hire a part-time Garden Center Supervisor to assist in planning, managing, and optimizing the farm.
• Manage general operations of garden center and landscaping divisions, working closely with the owners and other members of our team.
• Supervising employees, ordering plant material, maintenance of plant material and customer service/sales.
• Participating in weekly strategic planning meetings and having open communication with owners is important.
• Extensive horticultural knowledge crucial. Must have Knowledge of Growing, Trimming, Weeding, Fertilizing and Watering and understanding of plants being sold in the garden center.
• Install and maintain spring and summer container gardens and fall plantings.
• Have a sense of ownership in your custom garden tasks.
• Accountable for visual merchandising, signage, and space utilization, while maintaining a safe work and customer environment
• Attention to detail, good communication skills and outgoing, friendly personality required.
• Manage day to day operations including but not limited to opening and closing of cash drawers, working with vendors on delivery schedules, credits and returns.
• Will be required to work varying schedules, including some weekends and holidays based on business needs/seasonality.
• This is a part-time position to include the spring, summer, and fall seasons.
• The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to tolerate these conditions.
• While performing this job’s duties, the employee must work in an outside environment including dust, soil, heat, cold, sun, rain, and other elements.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs, stand and walk most of the day.
- $18-$20 an hour for part time seasonal position.
Please send resume to [email protected]