Farm Fresh Rhode Island is seeking a full-time Property Manager for its soon-to-be-completed 60,000 sf Food Hub, located in the Valley neighborhood of Providence. Farm Fresh RI will occupy approximately 30,000 sf and the remaining space will be tenanted by food- and farm-related businesses.
The Property Manager will oversee and coordinate all property management, maintenance, operation budgeting, rental, and rental construction related activities associated with Farm Fresh RI real estate. The Hub is on a 3-acre site that contains a 68-vehicle surface parking lot and over a half acre of heavily planted landscape. A farmers market hall, encompassing over 16,000 sf, can be expected to experience heavy weekend usage. Construction completion is projected for mid-September, 2020. Projected Property Manager start date is mid-August.
During the first year: the Property Manager will take the lead in overseeing Farm Fresh RI’s physical move to the new facility (anticipated for September/October, 2020); help coordinate construction completion tasks with the general contractor, including punch lists; and play a key role in completing the initial lease up.
An ideal candidate is committed to supporting local farmers and agriculture and improving the local food system, has a proven track record in hands-on property and tenant management, and is a strong team player.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the management of the facilities and site, including the multiple-trade custodial and maintenance services provided by a range of outside contractors and vendors
- Self-performing as many repairs as possible, within time and appropriate scope considerations
- Soliciting bids for maintenance contractors and construction projects, and recommending contractor selections
- Assisting in facility and space usage planning; advising senior management on public policy, regulations, and standards relating to the management of physical resources; and maintaining a capital maintenance and replacement schedule
- Assisting senior management in preparation of annual operating budget, and monitoring and administering facility budget
- Ensuring inspections of fire alarms, sprinkler and suppression systems, cooking and exhaust equipment, and other such systems are performed as required
- Leasing: Marketing and showing space to prospective tenants; overseeing tracking and rent collection; monitoring lease expiration dates to insure timely new tenant recruitment; developing and implementing systems and processes to establish and maintain records related to rentals, including access codes, keys, leases, and security deposits
- Providing organizational, management, and logistical support to the Farm Fresh RI Farmers Markets team with regard to farmers markets held on site, as well as other activities in the market halls
- Performing the compliance reporting and records keeping required by funders and others as it relates to building tenancy
- Commitment to Farm Fresh RI mission and values
- Interest in local food systems and food justice
- Strong interpersonal skills (patience, respect, thoughtfulness, good listener)
- Professional and practical communications skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with negotiating, problem solving, and relationship building
- Ability to multi-task and be responsive to changing priorities
- Strong administrative, organization, and time management abilities
- Must be an effective team player
- Minimum of 5 years commercial property management experience
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- In-depth knowledge of building systems
- Good handy-person skills and ability to self-perform routine repairs
- Proficiency in computer programs including Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Available to work a flexible schedule including early evening and weekends
- Able to bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- This position is subject to change over time given needs of the organization
- Full-time position: 40 hours a week, flexible schedule depending on the season
- Saturday hours required from November through April (during Wintertime Farmers Market)
- Benefits: Health and Dental insurance packages available; 15 paid vacation days
- Please send your resume and cover letter Attn: Lucie Searle to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Farm Fresh Property Manager Application.”
- Final application deadline is July 7, 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- No phone calls or drop-ins please.