Part-time Farm Stand Associate Position
Moonrose Farm is a chemical-free vegetable and flower farm with low tillage practices and a focus on growing healthy food for our community located in Rehoboth, MA. Moonrose Farm is a safe space for all and we strongly encourage POC and LGBTQ+ folks to apply.
We are looking for one hard-working, passionate person to work at our seasonal farm stand. This position is part-time beginning immediately until mid December, an average of 16 hours per week Saturdays and Sundays.
- Setting up the farm stand with products and ensuring the space is clean at the start and throughout the day and restocking with inventory as needed. Closing down the store independently, ensuring products are properly stored overnight.
- Working the register of the farm stand, handling various payment methods including SNAP EBT, gift cards, membership cards, cash and credit. Counting cash and maintaining an accurate cash drawer.
- Providing excellent customer service establishing relationships with customers and CSA members. Answering questions about the products including produce varieties, recipe ideas, and growing practices.
- Managing quality control to ensure all products are being sold at their peak freshness.
- Performing various side work tasks including arranging flower bouquets, seeding trays of crops, painting display signs, bagging vegetables, packing orders, and deep cleaning.
- Caring for the retail plant starts by watering and removing damaged leaves. Identifying plant varieties and answering basic gardening questions.
Excellent communication, leadership, and organizational skills are a must. Reliability is extremely important. Must be committed to the full season. Please inform us of any planned vacations upon applying.
We require that you are able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. We are open rain or shine and require our team to be adequately prepared with appropriate attire for rain/mud/extreme heat/snow. You must have reliable transportation.
Compensation $13 per hour and 10% discount off items sold in the farm stand (some exclusions apply).
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]