Part time position (~7hrs per week), paid hourly
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is seeking committed and reliable team-players to join our team as a Farmers Market Associate to assist in managing the Fresh Bucks table Saturdays at the Hope Street Farmers Market from 9/4/2021 until the end of the farmers market season on 10/30/2021.
Farm Fresh RI staff will train the Market Associate on necessary tasks. We seek someone who is detail-oriented, responsible, and passionate about contributing to increasing access to healthy food in Rhode Island. Applicants must commit to fulfilling the remainder of the season and provide their own transportation of the provided market equipment to and from the farmers market and the Farm Fresh office. Staff will be reimbursed for mileage.
- Provide transportation of market equipment from Providence office to market site.
- Set up and break down market tent and table.
- Run card machine for credit card and EBT customers and distribute Fresh Bucks tokens for transactions
- Keep record of transactions and balance the market paperwork at end of market
- Collect Fresh Bucks tokens from vendors at end of market and write receipts
- Work with market volunteers and interns when necessary
Education, Knowledge, Experience Required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Multi-lingual proficiency preferred.
- Interest in nutrition, public health, and environmental issues preferred.
- Able to bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds
- Must have access to reliable transportation for transporting market equipment to and from office to market.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Interpersonal skills, sociable personality
- Basic math and accounting
- Detail oriented
- Part-time, seasonal position. (~7 hours per week depending on availability and interest).
- The market runs every Saturday through October, although additional hours will be required for training and season debriefs.
- Potential for additional hours to assist with market outreach and events.
- Starting $14.50 - $16/hr
- Mileage Reimbursement
- [Please complete the online application](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9JN7WH3tSUJ66aDSxatndLn1Tb4hPiS3R3rqK0vrBfUmqig/viewform).
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming. Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Provider.