Reduce Food Waste and Food Insecurity with MEANS Database

Hi everyone!

My name is Victoria Cao and I’m currently a senior at Brown University. Currently, I’m serving as the outreach coordinator for MEANS Database, a national nonprofit organization that works to eliminate food waste.

We’re currently looking for more donors of excess food to local food banks/homeless shelters/etc. We’re currently in partnership with the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) and Rescuing Leftover Cuisine to decrease food waste. Food donations are tax-deductible for your federal taxes and the donations are completely free of charge.

We will happily take all kinds of food from uncooked veggies if there is excess! Donations don’t need to be regularly scheduled either. Groups like yours “post” your food donation and we take care of the rest.

All the nonprofits in the area will be notified and have the ability to “accept” the donation. This process usually happens within two hours or less! Then, you’ll be able to connect with the recipient. We’ve taken donations from 30,000 pounds to 10lbs.

You can sign up today in under five minutes at www.meansdatabase.org/signup and if you would like to hear more about this, please email me back and I’d love to set up a quick meeting with you to answer any questions.

Thank you for your time and please reach out with anything!