Reports to: Executive Director
Application Deadline January 22, 2021
SEMAP is dedicated to preserving and expanding access to local food and sustainable farming in southeastern Massachusetts through research and education. We serve farms, farmers, and the communities of southeastern Massachusetts with our primary service area covering Bristol, Norfolk, and Plymouth counties.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Assistant will help plan and coordinate workshops and events for several grant-funded projects, and contribute to special projects as assigned and necessary. 20 hour a week, grant-funded position for one year.
Help implement programming for multiple SEMAP grants and projects
Organize workshops & events to meet grant objectives
Assist with 1:1 sessions for beginning farmers and marketing grants
Help coordinate major conference and fundraising events
- Knowledge of and commitment to the nonprofit sector, especially local food and sustainable farming.
- Experience organizing events or workshops.
- Organization skills; strong verbal and written skills, cordial, energetic and flexible; possess sound judgment, including the ability to use discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work situation, as well as work alone and self-manage.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills and the ability to telecommute.
- Must have access to personal computer with good Internet access.
- Must have access to transportation on an intermittent basis.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google shared documents, event apps.
Please submit cover letter, resume and three references to:
email PDF** to: [email protected])
SEMAP does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.