Work-share positions at Casey Farm are available for our 2022 season. Work-share volunteers work alongside farm hands in the field performing tasks such as planting, weeding, harvesting, and preparing produce for our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program and weekly farmer’s market. We are currently seeking work-share volunteers for Friday mornings, 7:00 AM – 11:00 AM to help with harvest, as well as Saturday work crew, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
• Punctual and reliable.
• Able to commit to the full season (One scheduled 4-hour shift each week for 20 weeks, mid-June through October.)
• Able to take direction and work well in a team setting.
• Able to perform physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions.
• Tasks may involve walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing, lifting up to 50 lbs. (usually in pairs), and require attention to detail.
• Able to and interested in working efficiently and quickly.
• Experience with agriculture or horticulture work is not required.
Wages and Benefits
Work-shares who commit to working one weekly 4-hour shift throughout the 20-week season (June-Oct) will receive:
• A full share of USDA-certified organic vegetables every week through our CSA program ($600 value)
• A one-year membership to Historic New England. Members receive free admission to over 3 dozen historic sites, special rewards and rates at events at these sites, etc.
• Valuable knowledge and experience working in a beautiful coastal farm environment.
• Opportunity to purchase other farm products at affordable prices.
If interested, please email Farm Manager Lindie at [email protected] to schedule an interview.