[Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA)] is a nonprofit organization that strengthens farms and engages the community to build the local food economy. We run the Be a Local Hero, Buy Locally Grown ® marketing campaign, educate the public about buying local, offer training and support for farmers, and support programs to increase access to local food in our region.
Our team has a range of skills and life experiences and is a mix of trainers, former farmers, communicators, and administrators. We work to build a diverse and resilient food economy with viable farms, fair and just working conditions, strong environmental stewardship, and equitable local food access in all of our communities. We are committed to understanding the history and current impacts of racism in the food system and actively work towards equity. We strive to recruit and retain creative, ethical, smart, and innovative people and to foster an inclusive and diverse culture.
Our ideal candidate has experience with, and enjoys, creating memorable experiences for people to connect to local agriculture and is enthusiastic about helping to build a vibrant local food system. This candidate has strong verbal and written communications skills and can envision and create meaningful events. Candidates should be capable project managers, be detail oriented and able to see the big picture and have organizational systems to manage multiple events in different stages of development and a suite of communications needs.
- Implement CISA’s cultivation, engagement, and stewardship strategies as a member of the Development Team:
- Help plan and execute a range of events, from farm tours and house parties to large public celebrations
- Develop effective and creative communications for donors
- Research, develop materials, and solicit business sponsorships
- Track and maintain records and data related to individual giving and solicitation
- Conduct donor prospect research
- Regularly connect with program staff to maintain up to date knowledge of CISA’s work
Stay informed about and bring creative and strategic thinking about development efforts that can further CISA’s mission.
Represent CISA at public presentations and other venues/channels as needed.
Perform other related duties as assigned by the Development Director.
REPORTING and SUPERVISION
This position reports to the Development Director. May include opportunities to occasionally supervise interns or volunteers.
- Two years of development or similar work experience or an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Experience and comfort with event planning.
- Experience with project management, including timeline organization, coordinating with others in the organization, and the ability to handle multiple projects and .
- Ability to communicate clearly and compellingly (verbally and in writing).
- Self-motivated with the ability to collaborate well with a team.
- Comfortable reaching out to people on the phone and over email for deadline driven work.
- Comfort working with or learning relational databases, such as a donor database.
- Computer fluency and experience with MS Office suite, with demonstrated ability to create and use spreadsheets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
BONUS SKILLS (let us know if you have these additional skills)
- Experience with written storytelling.
- Grant writing experience
- Working Spanish proficiency or fluency in Spanish.
- Other relevant skills/experiences, share them with us in the application.
Hours and compensation: $22-$24.25/hour, depending on experience. This is a 35-40 hours/week, non-exempt position. Health care, vision, dental, long-term disability, 401K matching, sick time, holidays, and vacation are offered. Access to a car and some weekend and evening availability are required.
CISA is currently operating with a hybrid office model with at least two days a week in the office and up to three days from home. We allow staff flexibility in their regular schedules and understand that flexibility can support a healthy work-life balance. Frequent travel within CISA’s service area (Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin counties, MA) for events and donor cultivation will be required.
CISA is an equal opportunity employer. CISA will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with CISA on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
Cover letters are not required and will not be reviewed.