Grace Food Labs is food at the intersection of people, planet and technology. We are currently growing on a beginner farm plot as part of farmer incubation at New Entry Sustainable Farming Project in Beverly. We follow sustainable, low till farming practices and are currently in the processing of applying for Organic certification starting this season.
We are looking for field crew to help us through the season. The crew will work closely with farm staff, volunteers and staff at New Entry Sustainable Farming Project on a variety of farm tasks including seedling production, planting, harvesting, washing and packing, irrigation, cultivation, record-keeping, and farm maintenance tasks.
• Hours (may vary for the right candidate): - 20 hours/week May 1st - August 29th.
• Field Crew works Tuesday-Friday in the fields roughly 7:30-12:30. - In the case of extreme weather, there may not be work available for all or part of a day.
• The right candidate will be interested in sustainable agriculture, self-motivated, quick, responsible, attentive to detail, curious, flexible, and comfortable communicating with a wide variety of people.
• This position involves working both independently and with a group.
o Ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather
o Punctuality. All staff are expected to be dressed for the weather and ready to work when the work day begins.
o A positive attitude and good sense of humor
o Demonstrated ability to follow directions and work independently
o Ability to bend and lift 50 pounds repeatedly (during harvesting, post-harvest cleaning/processing etc.)
• Benefits include: compensation at $13.50/hour, produce and flower share from the farm, Workers’ Compensation, and paid holidays. Housing is not available.
• To apply write to us (and attach a resume if you have one handy) at: Hiring@gracefoodlabs.com (attn: Season2020)