Unique farming opportunity - seeking household to manage/operate farm

We have a small farm in North Kingstown and grow vegetables and cut flowers using all organic methods. Our house is attached to the farm property. I am the owner and our farm has grown so much over the past few years that I can no longer keep up with it on my own. I wondered if there are programs to help farms find a household or partners to manage/operate the farm? I’d love to keep the farm under our business name and would also be open to renting out our house to the household that takes over. We have a strong customer base and all of the infrastructure in place. Please send any advice!

1 Like

Hi.

would love to chat with you and learn more about your farm and let you know about me, and see if we are a good fit together.
Ive been hoping to find a live and care situation for a farm. I wondered how I would go about reaching others to offer/explain.

Hi @kristengpalmisano,

I would advise that you work to create a lease and a “memorandum of understanding” for the situation you’re describing. I work as a “farm manager” as a live-in land steward, and we have some great template documents I could share if you’re interested. These situations are always more complex than anticipated, luckily our organization has learned a lot through trial and error over the years.

If you’re interested in some resources and some anecdotal advice on residential/on-site farm managers, feel free to send me an email at [email protected]

Hi!

I’m looking to lease and/or purchase farmland with a home. I would be interested in discussing this opportunity with you.

Thanks!
Trish

Have you considered seeking an operator/manager via Land for Good? They have a farm seeker program that sounds like you may benefit from!

Hello Kristen. I would be interested in meeting and discussing the opportunity to help operate your farm. It would be a benefit for me as I hope to begin my own farm someday. I am currently in North Kingstown and a co-leader of the 4-H program my son is very active in as well. I also have experience in marketing, communications and PR including websites and social media and perhaps I can assist in that nature in addition to farm operations. Thank you kindly, Diana

Hello. I’m in SK and have been looking for farming opportunities for a couple of years. I’d be happy to chat if you are still interviewing.
477-9967.
Thank you
Murray

Hello, I apologize for the delay. My summer became busy and got away from me - life of a farmer! I’d love to chat about what I’m looking for if you are still interested.

Best,
Kristen

1 Like

Hello, I apologize for the delay. My summer became busy and got away from me - life of a farmer! I’d love to chat about what I’m looking for if you are still interested.

Kristen

Hello, I apologize for the delay. My summer became busy and got away from me - life of a farmer! I’d love to chat about what I’m looking for and what you are interested in if you are still open to chat about this opportunity.

Best,
Kristen

Hello, yes I’m still open to chat. Please let me know if you are still interested and I apologize for the delay!

I sent you a private msg. I am def interested and in southern RI, with a mini farm and host of a 4H group.

Hi. Yes still interested. Please message direct to set up a time to meet. Diana

Hello - I’m sorry I don’t know how to use this site! Can you email me at [email protected] and we can go from there?

Hi there ,.
I am looking for a farm opportunity and this would fit. You can contact me at [email protected]