Farm Fresh Rhode Island seeks an outgoing and energetic Education Innovations AmeriCorps VISTA member with demonstrated initiative and clear organizational and communication skills to increase Farm Fresh Rhode Island’s Community Education program capacity. We are seeking a member to assist with crafting food systems internships and strategic opportunities in Farm to School (F2S) and our Community Education (CE) programs. The Education Innovation (EI) AmeriCorps VISTA will create standardized student internship tracks that will support the development of young emerging leaders in the food system. Additionally, this member will craft F2S program activities with external partners that utilize the recruited interns to strengthen the long-term impact of F2S initiatives across Rhode Island
This position requires a one-year commitment to begin November 7, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but those received by October 8 will be prioritized.
- Conduct a needs assessment and asset map of Farm Fresh, college, and high school internship opportunities relating to food systems and health fields of study.
- Enhance and expand current knowledge of best practices and models for capacity building for F2S.
- Develop new activities and programs identified for internships, including afterschool and summer camps.
- Create an internship model proposal including activities, budget, timelines and implement and pilot programming, where applicable.
- Assist CE staff with program implementation for youth, families, and seniors.
- Participate in the program performance measurement process.
- Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Great attention to detail
- Project planning skills
- Self-starter and ability to maintain a self-motivating attitude
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to think, react, iterate, and redirect in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Docs
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a vibrant work environment
- Spanish or other language skills a plus
- Nutrition/Health/General education experience preferred
- Able to bend and lift loads up to 50 pounds
- Reliable access to a car required
About AmeriCorps VISTA
AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs, made up of three primary programs that each take a different approach to improving lives and fostering civic engagement. AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members bring passion and perseverance where the need is greatest: to organizations that help eradicate poverty. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve as a catalyst for change, living and working alongside community members to meet our nation’s most pressing challenges and advance local solutions.
AmeriCorps VISTA Member Benefits
- Bi-weekly living allowance of $675.08
- $600 monthly rent stipend
- Monthly bus pass
- Student loan deferment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- CNCS health benefit & childcare assistance
- $6,495 Segal Education Award upon completion of service to help pay for college, graduate school, or vocational training, or to repay student loans
Members must be able to commit to a full year of service, from November 7, 2022 to November 6, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, those received by October 8 will be prioritized.
- Email [email protected] with a resume and short cover letter to apply.
- No calls or walk-ins please.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming. Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Provider.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an AmeriCorps grantee and receives funds as part of their State and National program, and to operate our VISTA program.