Walrus and Carpenter Oysters (WCO) is a vertically integrated ocean farm, distribution and food service company. WCO is looking to hire a hardworking, reliable, team oriented individual to assist with the food service and distribution divisions of our company. This position will be responsible for shucking oysters and preparing food at our raw bar located at the Dutch Harbor Boat Yard in Jamestown, RI. This position will also be responsible for maintaining a clean and organized kitchen, and will have the opportunity to assist with distribution of oysters to local restaurants.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Shucking oysters and preparing other food items to order
- Ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal health and safety regulations related to storing and handling oysters.
- Setting up the kitchen and outside bussing station at beginning of day
- Washing dishes, organizing supplies and performing other general business related tasks during slow times
- Maintaining a clean kitchen at all times
At WCO we value innovation, systematic thinking, extreme organization, striving for perfection, follow-through, pushing yourself, not giving up, passion for what you do and having fun while you do it. We are looking for a new team member who shares these values and can grow with our company.
This is a part-time seasonal position with an expected start date of May 21st and expected end date of October 3rd. The right candidate will have the opportunity to pick up extra shifts assisting with distribution and/or food preparation.
Wage: $13.00 per hour plus tips (while shucking)
$15.00 while assisting with distribution and/or food preparation
24 hours per week guaranteed (up to 40 hrs possible). Typical working hours are Fri, Sat, Sun 11am to 7pm.
- Personal transportation and valid drivers license required
- Experience shucking oysters required
- Experience working in restaurant industry
- Must be able to lift 30lb
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Pleasant and upbeat personality
- A positive representative of Walrus and Carpenter Oysters
- Ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal health and safety regulations related to receiving, handling and shipping oysters.
- Servsafe certification preferred
- Experience driving/willingness to learn to drive 16ft Box truck
- Passion for local food production and ocean farming
To Apply: Please send (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter and (3) a list of three references to: