Tourtellot & Co., Inc.
Warwick, Rhode Island
Organic Fresh Produce Buyer, Sales Account Lead, and Production Planner
This position oversees multiple domains in buying, sales, and operations. This position will oversee organic buying and sales program including working with growers to develop both immediate- and long-term opportunities. The position will also oversee retail packaged production program including new product development, production planning, and collaboration with Production Manager to plan labor and capacity. This position functions as a team member within the department and cross-functions, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Oversees procurement for full line of organically grown as well as further categories of fresh produce commodities
Procures the best quality, specification, and grade produce at the best market price in adherence with contract and program expectations.
Processes purchase orders at the right quantity and frequency to properly manage inventory and ensure high fill rates and low unplanned forced allocations, while meeting expectations for product turns\freshness and low shrink.
Completes tasks and meets deadlines in updating items and costs, order guides and ad worksheets.
Supports problem resolution associated with inbound arrivals, inbound freight, excessive and aging inventory, and supplier performance including on time delivery\dock out, adherence to grade, specification expectations, low rejection rates, and store arrival issues.
Gathers and communicates relevant market information to produce sales and buyers
Assists with gathering new and existing information and helps facilitate new item set up and maintenance processes.
Work directly with suppliers to facilitate collection of item, cost, and delivery information.
Develop grower relationships to identify opportunities around value and quality driven partnerships
- Oversee sales, including pricing and marketing for designated commodities
- Analyze trends and develop annual program goals for sales growth
Sales Account Lead
- Build relationships with retail customers to manage sales account
- Develop strategies to grow partnerships with customers
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with buying team to procure special buys
- Manage pricing and marketing strategies to meet company goals
- Take orders and manage order fulfillment
- Address customer administrative needs including food safety documentation
- Develop new retail packaging for fresh produce production items including sustainable packaging materials
- Oversee production planning, pricing, procurement, and sales of packaged retail produce items
- Source non-produce production materials for retail packaged items as needed
- Collaborate with Production Manager to plan labor and capacity to meet demand
- Collaborate with Production Manager to oversee packaging space and equipment
- Assist with marketing and customer communication including disseminating price sheets and opportunity buys
- Assist with food safety compliance, documentation, and audit preparation
- Assist with customer support including taking and entering orders
Good organizational & planning skills
Comfort with multitasking, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Good interpersonal & communication (oral & written) skills
Ability to work independent & part of a team
Proficient with computers including Microsoft Word & Excel and email
Must have excellent attention to detail
This position requires flexible hours including early morning hours (5-7 am start) including one weekend day
- Proficiency in social media, text, and web based digital outreach
- Experience in sustainability/social responsibility
- Experience in produce retail
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
Send resume to [email protected] or call 401-734-4200x1