Farm Hands and Workshare Positions Available at Zephyr Farm
Zephyr Farm is a five-acre+ diversified vegetable farm with egg layer production in Western Cranston, RI. Zephyr Farm is located on Urban Edge Farm, a 50 acre farm home to seven different production farms. A portion of Zephyr Farm production also takes place on another piece of land 3 miles away. Zephyr Farm is a fast paced work environment, always striving for quality and efficiency! Zephyr Farm primarily grows for two Farmers Markets and occasional restaurant sales. We focus on growing the healthiest, tastiest vegetables without the use of synthetic pesticides or herbicides. We incorporate appropriate technology whenever possible to work smarter not harder.
Zephyr Farm is seeking the following positions for 2019 season:
Starting immediately and running through end of September
Zephyr Farm is hiring full-time and/or part time farm hands. Farmhands are the backbone of the farm. They see farm production throughout the season and become familiar with all farm operations. We will be accepting applications until the position has been filled. We are seeking enthusiastic, hardworking individuals to be involved with all aspects of the farm operation.
• Greenhouse seeding
• Hoop house work, planting, trellising and harvesting
• Harvesting, washing and packing vegetables
• Irrigation set up
• Cultivation and weeding
• Chicken chores (feeding and moving chickens and collecting, washing, sorting eggs)
• Occasional Farmers Market coverage
• Must be able to endure all weather conditions
• Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
• A positive, can-do attitude a must
• Ability to follow directions
• Must be able and willing to work until the job is complete (This means staying on farm later than normal work hours, especially during the heat of the season)
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
• Must be able to work well with a team, and be willing to work alone at times
• Previous farm experience a plus but not necessary
• Clean driving record required
• Must love dogs!
Work hours starting immediately and running through September are 8-4 (fulltime) or 8-12/1 (parttime) Mon-Friday with unpaid lunch break. These hours may vary depending on weather and daily activities.
Pay is minimum wage to start and more for those with experience and produce for personal consumption.
Employee discounts apply to certain seasonal items.
Perspective employees will come out for a volunteer work day as an interview.
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.